Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Governor not going forward with cut to Regional School Transportation funds

All,

At around 1:00 pm yesterday, I received a message from the Governor's office that the Governor's proposed "9C" cut to Regional School Transportation would not be going forward.

The Governor was directing his Secretary of Administration and Finance to not move forward and the Governor's office would be making a statement to the public sometime today.

This is all of the information I have at this time. While the reasons for the Governor's decision are not yet clear, I have to believe that it is partly due to the pressure many of you have exerted on the Governor since these cuts were first proposed; through emails, letters and phone calls to him.

Thank you for your advocacy. I will relay any further information I have to you as soon as I get it.

Thanks,
Denis

No comments:

Post a Comment